MAKE THE SEASON BRIGHT FOR CAPE ANN KIDS!
The Cape Ann Kids Holiday Fund supports children in our community by providing gift cards for families who are struggling financially so they can buy holiday gifts for kids in their care.
When we recently asked families we served last year to tell us what type of holiday support works best for them, 92% of families surveyed said gift cards would help their family MORE than picking out toys in person.
With that in mind, Action Inc., Pathways for Children, and Wellspring House, Inc. have teamed up for a second year to raise money to provide gift cards for over 400 families through the Cape Ann Kids Holiday Fund.
By giving, you will help ease stress, provide comfort, and create magical memories for families in our community!
In the event donations surpass our fundraising goal, excess funds will be used throughout the year to support local families.
* THE LAST DAY TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 1! *
- To be eligible, children must live in Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester, Essex, or Ipswich and be 0-18 years of age. You may only apply once per child/family (ONLY ONE PARENT/GAURDIAN MAY APPLY).
- The application will be available online from November 1st – December 1st. Please provide up-to-date contact info and a valid email address if you have one.
- If you provided an email address, we will email you a link to schedule your own gift card pick-up. If you don’t have an email address or computer, don’t worry! We will call you during the first week of December to schedule an appointment.
- All gift cards will be distributed December 9th & 10th, 2021.
The application will be available here from NOVEMBER 1st through DECEMBER 1st. Please check back soon to apply!
Think this holiday season
For decades, Cape Ann’s non-profits have worked hard to bring cheer to all families over the holidays. Over the years we have served tens of thousands of families, providing toys, books, pajamas, and gift cards through our combined efforts.
In 2020, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to come together to form one giant effort to help local families in need. Last year we served more than 1,000 kids, and raised over $140,000.
Inspired by this success, and with feedback from the families served, we are once again asking for your help to make sure everyone has a magical holiday in 2021.
The mission of Action Inc. is to build an equitable and resilient community by creating opportunities for all on Cape Ann. Action Inc. offers programs that bring positive change to people’s lives, including affordable housing, homelessness prevention, fuel assistance and energy efficiency programs, and job training and education.
Pathways for Children provides full-day, year-round education, support, programs, and activities for children and families impacted by economic and social inequality. Their programs serve more than 2,500 individuals from North Shore communities every year.
Wellspring inspires families and adults on the North Shore to achieve employment and financial security through stable housing, education, job training and career readiness.